Preliminary classes are focused on building confidence in the water whilst also introducing key skills such as holds and submersions.
The Preliminary level is split across two term blocks, gradually building up to a total of 6 submersions per lesson.
Key skills of Preliminary include:
- Perform short swims underwater without support
- Swim on front with support
- Enter & exit pool safely with support
- Float & kick across the pool on back with support
- Hold on to the bar
- Swim across the pool using swim & breathe technique
- Jump in to the pool from a sitting position
- Swim using a woggle or a float
- Balance across the pool